„Active through education” is a project implemented within Erasmus+ Programme, Strategic Partnerships for adult education.
The project supports European cooperation between partners active in the field of adult education with a view to developing, transferring, implementing and exchange of good practice how to educate 60+ adults and develop their skills. Exploring and valorizing a series of tools that support social and digital inclusion is the primary motivation and drive of the current partnership.
The main goal of the project is to improve the methods of teaching people 60+, based on proven methods of education in Europe and active aging.
Very important aspect of the project is to give adult educators the opportunity to share and learn from colleagues in Europe.
Project implementation is divided in two phases:
-1st phase: is dedicated to research, finding information and developing ideas related to the different didactic methods. At the end of this period a Short term training event (LTTA) for adult educators will be organized. Teaching methods and issues that will be practiced during the project and shared during LTTA include:
- How to use the potential of non-governmental organizations and libraries in education of 60+ people
- How to use cultural activities and soft skills training for the benefit of seniors
- How to use social media and Internet in a safe way
- Memory training and mind exercises for seniors
- Videoconferencing as a tool of communication especially in the era of pandemics.
– 2nd phase: During this period we will dedicate time to examining this methods. We will encourage teachers to try some of the ideas proposed. Then, choose one of the methods according to their teaching style, adapt it to their learners and organization environment and bear in mind that some methods apply to some subjects better than others. The results will be positive, because “trying” is always a good start.
As a result of long-term cooperation, we will develop proposals for trainers and staff of NGOs and other institutions which provide non-formal and/or informal education for senior citizens.